Training with Short Sims
Registration for Training with Short Sims is currently closed.
Please see our current course catalog for all upcoming classes.
Short Sims are a new type of educational media in which people learn by making a series of interesting, relevant decisions with feedback. They can be created more quickly than the traditional content with which they are sometimes bundled. As Clark puts it, Short Sims are "are how online learning content may have evolved if PowerPoint had never been created."
Here are some other reasons that Short Sims are a great way to approach training:
- A non-linear approach to content
- Provide opportunity for more powerful metrics
- Compatible for emerging adaptive learning platforms
- Relatively easy and quick to make
- Draws upon designers' and developers' creativity
In this course you will:
- Explore the learning psychology behind Short Sims
- View and interact with many example Short Sims and case studies
- Design a Short Sim of your own
- Examine the well-defined development methodology for creating Short Sims
- Test drive development tools that are suitable for creating Short Sims
Experience level: Any
Format: Virtual instructor-led training (VILT)
Duration: 6.25 hours total (5 x 75-minute instructor-led sessions)
Upcoming Course Dates:
- No classes currently scheduled
Instructor: Clark Aldrich
The Allen Academy uses the power of Acclaim for your benefit and provides you with widely recognized digital credentials to represent your skills. Those who successfully complete this course will earn the Short Sims badge.
Technical requirements: Online instructor-led sessions are conducted via webinar on the Zoom platform. (View Zoom's system requirements here.) You will need a good enough internet connection to view your instructor's shared screen and to access examples of online interactivity.