Mobile Learning Strategy and Design
- November 8 - November 28: $796.00 (Save 20%)
- November 29 - December 26: $845.75 (Save 15%)
- December 27 - January 9: $895.50 (Save 10%)
Are you ready to tap into the reality of mobile phones in everybody’s hands? They’re now ubiquitous, but you have to think differently to truly take advantage. If you think mLearning is ‘a course on a phone’, you’re missing out! It’s time to move to a more nuanced understanding.
In this course, we’re going to dig deep into mobile. Over the course of six weeks, we’re going to explore the full realm of mLearning opportunities. We’ll start with getting our minds around the core capabilities of mobile, and derive the core 4 Cs. We’ll also make sure we have a solid understanding of how mobile differs from other computing platforms.
From there, we’ll look at how technology augments our brains, and the particular capabilities mobile brings. We’ll work through how mobile augments formal learning, with examples and a design exercise. Similarly, we’ll look at ‘in the moment’ performance support. From there, we’ll explore how mobile provides not only access to the social network, but specific opportunities. Then, we’ll look at the truly unique contribution of mobile, doing things because of when and where we are. Our goal is to place mobile in the context of our daily workflow.
Finally, we’ll look at how mobile initiatives have to be a strategic decision, not just a tactical one. And we’ll look at what’s involved in getting mobile to succeed. The goal is to create an experience that helps you get your mind around mobile, and take advantage of the opportunity these devices give us.
The power of digital technology, with us at all times, provides a new way to think about human-computer interaction. Come see how IA (intelligence augmentation) is the right way to think about mLearning.
In this course, you will:
- Explore core mobile design concepts
- Design a formal learning augment
- Design a mobile performance support solution
- Explore alternatives in leveraging social to support learning & performance
- Apply sensor data to design a contextual solution
- Evaluate the tradeoffs that uniquely differentiate a mobile strategy
Experience level: Any
Format: Virtual instructor-led training (webinar series)
Duration: 9 hours total (6 x 90-minute instructor-led sessions)
Upcoming Course Dates:
- 2022: January 19, 24, 26, 31, February 2 & 7 from 12pm-2pm CT
- 2022: September 12, 14, 19, 26, 28 & October 3 from 12pm-2pm CT
Instructor: Dr. Clark Quinn
Technical requirements: Online instructor-led sessions are conducted via webinar on the Zoom platform. (View Zoom's system requirements here.) You will need a good enough internet connection to view your instructor's shared screen and to access examples of online interactivity.