Design 101: Instructional Interactivity
Based on the industry-leading ideas from Michael Allen’s Guide to e-Learning, this course will fundamentally change the way you perceive the design and development of digital training. Learn the core design principles of Learner-Centered Design, Instructional Interactivity (CCAF), the Three Success Factors (M&Ms), and the Magic Keys to enhancing motivation. Includes a brief introduction to and practice in iterative rapid design with sketching.
This course is a foundation course for all Allen Academy Programs.
In this course you will:
- Create meaningful, instructional context
- Manipulate risk and consequences to challenge learners
- Focus design on meaningful behavioral outcomes
- Employ feedback as a crucial teaching vehicle
- Apply simple design elements to transform learner motivation
- Develop interactivity design ideas through sketching and prototyping
- Receive guided practice material
- Participate in peer networking support
Experience level: Any
Format: Virtual instructor-led (webinar series)
Duration: 12 hours total (6 x 2-hour instructor-led sessions)
Instructor: Dr. Nan Thornton
Technical requirements: Online instructor-led sessions are conducted via webinar on the Zoom platform. (View Zoom's system requirements here.) You will need a good enough internet connection to view your instructor's shared screen and to access examples of online interactivity.