Effective Learning Strategies
Ground your practice in evidence-based approaches, avoiding myths and hype.
- Gain a deep understanding of the cognitive and behavioral understandings that influence successful instruction and drive organizational change.
- Understand learning science to help make leaders aware of common nuances, which can cause organizations to fall prey to some persistent and expensive myths.
- Have the right cognitive background and understanding to support learners to make good decisions and meet their organization’s learning goals and/or requirements.
- Your learners will be more engaged, retain more information, and find learning modules more enjoyable.
What is This Course About?
Explore cognitive science and implications for organizational learning. You’ll understand how we process information, and the artifacts of the system. This will lead to clear implications for what does, and doesn’t, work for training. You’ll also be enabled to ground your practice in evidence-based approaches, avoiding myths and hype. See and understand the implications ‘beyond the course’ for the larger performance ecosystem.
This Course is for Those Who Want To:
- Change our learning practices for the better, and impact our outcomes, by understanding cognitive and learning sciences.
- Be able to avoid myths and misconceptions about training and learning modules.
- Develop evidence-based frameworks for your organization to improve global implementation and changes
- Look beyond courses to performance support, informal, social learning, and the broader organizational culture.
Course Benefits include:
- Interactive course activities designed to improve your understanding of cognitive learning.
- Five (5) weekly meetings, plus a check-in session to share implementation and ideas surrounding effective learning strategies.
- Mentorship and Q&A with recognised learning technology industry leader, Dr. Clark Quinn.
- Upon successful completion, you'll have widely-recognized digital credentials through Credly that represent your skills.
2021 Course Dates:
All classes take place on Wednesdays.
- 4/7 - 5/5 from 12pm-1:30pm CT
- 8/4 - 9/1 from 12pm-1:30pm CT
- 10/6 - 11/3 from 12pm-1:30pm CT
Instructor Dr. Clark Quinn:
Instructor Dr. Clark Quinn combines a deep background in cognitive science, a rich understanding of computer and network capabilities reinforced through practical application, and a track record of successful strategic innovations for organizations as a consultant. Clark has been involved in the design, development, and/or evaluation of a wide variety of educational technology for over 30 years. Projects in which he has led design include educational games, mobile learning applications, performance support tools, online conferences, web-based learning, effectiveness evaluation methodologies, and adaptive systems. He keynotes both nationally and internationally, and is the author of numerous articles, chapters, and four books. In 2012, he was awarded the eLearning Guild's first Guild Master designation.