Leading Agile e-Learning Development
Transform your e-Learning programs through an Agile approach to development
Why Learn How to Lead Agile e-Learning Development?
Our world has forever changed with COVID-19 and has led us to navigate work as distributed, remote workforce. It is critical now, more than ever, that companies transform their e-Learning programs through an Agile approach to development.
What's This Course About?
HR.com has partnered with Allen Academy (Allen Interactions) to bring you a course that provides the mindset-shift, the practice, and the tools to transition your team to iterative ways of working that will improve the performance impact of your e-Learning designs. You will practice with the Successive Approximation Model (SAM), tailored to your individual context, team, and project.
This Course is for Those Who want to:
- Demystify agile and iterative design and development for yourself and be able to demystify it for others.
- Use process, tools, and a flexible mindset to balance control and freedom for optimal outcomes and reduction of rework, while being responsive to feedback.
- Utilize roles, perspectives, and iterative design practices to create more performance-based, learner-centered designs, and business outcomes.
- Facilitate decision making and feedback cycles for outcomes such as scope and timeline.
Here's How it Works:
- Five weeks of weekly, virtual, face-to-face sessions with the instructor; large and small groups, and pair work.
- Self-paced tool practice, exercises, and reflection each week.
- Prompted weekly discussion with peers and instructor.
- Action plan templates ensure you leave with prioritized, well-thought out actions you’re ready to implement!
- Focus on conversations and the holistic context ensures you can overcome the barriers that usually get in your way.
- Interactions with your team on course content encouraged.
- Part of a larger, 5-course Learning Leaders program to change the way your learning team thinks of itself, is seen in the organization, and how it functions.
About Allen Academy and the Instructor Dr. Michael Allen:
The Allen Academy combines decades of experience to help tackle performance problems and concerns that leading and development and instructional designers alike face in their quest for creating and deploying content that captivate audiences.
Dr. Allen has been a pioneer in defining unique methods of instructional design and development to provide meaningful and memorable learning experiences through “true” cognitive interactivity. He developed the advanced design and development approaches used at Allen Interactions, including the Successive Approximation Model (SAM) process for iterative, collaborative development.
Further Resources & Reading
From the HR Research Institute:
- The State of Learner Experience, Engagement, and Solutions 2020: Gain insights into how to improve the learning culture, technologies and strategies
- The State of Learning Solutions and Learner Engagement: Boost learner engagement by optimizing learning systems
- The Role of Learning in Digital Transformation: Become a Digital Leader by leveraging strategy, culture, and skills development